Rules and Options of Vegas Strip Blackjack
The name Strip Blackjack originates from the name of a Las Vegas Boulevard (the Las Vegas Strip) that stretches between Sahara Avenue and Russel Road (6.6 km=4.1 miles). The term itself is widely used to refer to various casinos and resorts that are situated at the Boulevard.
As Blackjack is one of the most popular games in all casinos, it offers lots of different variants to suit each player's tastes and desires. In order not to confuse regular Blackjack with the Vegas Strip Blackjack, one should look through all standards for most of the casinos.
Vegas Strip Blackjack is all like standard Blackjack with the exception of some rules.
Vegas Strip Blackjack rules
The dealer is always the first one to check for Blackjack and stands on ALL 17s.
Splitting Rules in Vegas Strip Blackjack
- When splitting Aces A♥ A♣ A♦ A♠, if the third card is a 10-valued one, your hand is not a blackjack, but a total 21.
- You can not re-split Aces
- Only one card is added to a pair of split Aces and then you STAND automatically.
- Splitting is allowed up to 3 times (4 hands in total).
- Different 10 value cards can also be split.
Double Down Rules
- You can Double Down on ANY first two cards.
- The amount of Double Down bet is equal to the amount of your initial bet.
- You shall not be allowed to Double Down after you split, but you can Double Down after you have split Aces (in some casinos it's vice versa).
- Insurance can be purchased before the player plays his hand out, it can be bought in case the dealer's face up card is an Ace.
- You lose the insurance after you split your hand.
NB: Please note, that all the rules provided above are general, and may differ from one casino to another. To avoid any misunderstandings please bother to read rules on a site you are playing at or ask the dealer in the casino before the play.
Sign-up for our newsletter:
- hot blackjack offers
- free cashable bonuses
- online tournaments
“Some kids are always getting into trouble or doing stuff, and I stay away from those types. I know I am no better than anyone else in this world. I'm just an actor, that's nothing special. But I'm not into anything bad. Just blackjack”